Marketing intern at L'Oreal

6.7/10

7.3

4.2

Writing product artworks
Pulling data and analysing it
Sending product to influencers
Helping with e-retail
Creating social assets for Facebook and Instagram

I really enjoyed l’oreal as a work placement and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to dive straight into a very fast paced company whilst having fun.

I felt that I really got on with my colleagues, but perhaps all the things I did were not valued as much as they could have been.

I was given a lot of support by my manager and some by the wider team.

It varied on a day to day basis, with some days being very busy and others not at all.

I was given a lot of responsibility over some tasks in the business, but this was perhaps too much responsibility for a 20 year old, as you would also get the blame if things went wrong.

The skills I have learnt here will definitely prepare me for any other marketing job in an FMCG company, teaching you much more than you’d learn from uni.

The general atmosphere was very light hearted and fun, with the exception of times when there are important meetings and everyone suddenly becomes very stressed.

The overall placement was set up very well, and went incredibly smoothly as a transition from uni to work with the appropriate trainings etc

At the start of the internship there was a lot of trainings to help work the software, and an intern training day which was great for meeting people. As the year went on they invested far less in trainings.

They are very appealing. However future interns should be aware that the company makes it virtually impossible to get on their grad scheme from an internship, picking only a couple out of over 100 placement students. L’Oréal is not the place to apply to if you want an internship to get a grad job.

At the start there was a great social scene, with an intern boat party around Christmas. However, as friendship groups evolved they stopped and we haven’t had one in 2019 so far. Both the social secretary’s that were elected never organised or even went to a social which was pretty appalling.

Very expensive.

Although Hammersmith does not have a great night life London does as a whole, so it is very easy to travel around.

There was netball and football which was great (if you play either sports).