7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere was very light hearted and fun, with the exception of times when there are important meetings and everyone suddenly becomes very stressed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall placement was set up very well, and went incredibly smoothly as a transition from uni to work with the appropriate trainings etc
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
At the start of the internship there was a lot of trainings to help work the software, and an intern training day which was great for meeting people. As the year went on they invested far less in trainings.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are very appealing. However future interns should be aware that the company makes it virtually impossible to get on their grad scheme from an internship, picking only a couple out of over 100 placement students. L’Oréal is not the place to apply to if you want an internship to get a grad job.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
At the start there was a great social scene, with an intern boat party around Christmas. However, as friendship groups evolved they stopped and we haven’t had one in 2019 so far. Both the social secretary’s that were elected never organised or even went to a social which was pretty appalling.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Although Hammersmith does not have a great night life London does as a whole, so it is very easy to travel around.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was netball and football which was great (if you play either sports).
Imagine yourself working at L'Oreal
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at L'Oreal