1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed this placement. I was immersed from day one in the business and it was a very rewarding experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleague. I was involved in the team in a number of projects. My work was of great value to the wider team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support and guidance by management and my supervisor on a number of occasion. We had weekly meetings as well as a formal internship review form.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy on a daily basis. You are given a number of tasks during your internship which need to be completed on time. However, it is not a pressurised environment which make it a great internship.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility. I was responsible for a number of tasks which had to be completed. This included engaging with a number of colleagues in the L'Oreal offices as well as people outside the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed will assist me greatly in my degree studies. They will help me with time management and being focused on my final year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the general atmosphere was good. Very friendly people in the office and outside the office. Happy to help whenever
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well setup. The HR team were very good and helpful when I started. They know how to run a good internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The personal training and development was very good. We had a number of training sessions which included outside speakers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good. You can apply for the talent track of MT training scheme depending on what you want to do.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes a very good social scene with a lot of other interns. We had many fun socials etc.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Depends on what you chose to do. It could be expensive or cheap depending on where you went.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I don't know. I did not go out in Hammersmith once so I could not answer this.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yeah there were lots of opportunities. It is down to you to sign up to these though.