1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my time here, both the company itself and the people are great to work with. The company has a great culture and is in a really interesting and fast paced market.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt especially valued by my own team, who have trusted me to do my job well and also were willing to offer me any help or support I needed. In the wider business, the level of value is also felt, however this had to be earned to a greater degree.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was really great at giving me the support and guidance I needed. It was clear she was genuinely invested in seeing me develop and was always open and honest with how I could do this.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The nature of my role meant I was constantly busy. The role had real diversity to it with a lot of ad hoc work connected to it. I was never sat at my desk with nothing to do!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a surprising amount of responsibility during my placement. I was directly involved in launches, promotions and campaigns with a lot of my work directly affected how successful such things were.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The level of communication and collaboration I've learned during my placement will no doubt help me once I continue my degree and beyond. I've also gained a new confidence to take ownership to project I want to do and an inspiration to continue to develop myself past this placment
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere, especially on my floor, was great. From other interns all the way to the head of the division, no one was ever afraid to have fun and talk to each other. There was always a real sense of fun and team in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Once the initial trainings and admin was completed in the first few weeks of placement, I felt that I was very much left to my own devices in some areas. Luckily I had a great team to help me with the initial period of the placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company offers a really wide range of trainings that are accessible to all. On top of this, my manger was keen for me to explore my learning and develop areas I was interested in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a really clear route at the company to future career prospects. Lots of people around the office have also come through the same channels and from within the company which is really encouraging to see.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Between the interns there is a fairly good social scene, however the determined organisers soon gave way to more grouped/self organised events. However with over 100 interns the social scene was bound to be good. The wider company has some great events to attend such as Xmas parties.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was a commuter for the year which really helped with the costs of living. That being said I know that a lot of interns had to spend a lot of money for accommodation. Things like bringing in your own lunch can save you serious amounts of money!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a pub that the company is known for going to after work and the London nightlife is great, however it can be expensive at times!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had multiple sports teams, e.g. football and netball. On top of that my own team were always active outside of the office. However I do think this was something that could have been better organised throughout the placement