7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in my office was friendly but sometimes quiet. This all depends on your own personality and who you want to talk to!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I did not seem to have much of a plan at the beginning but that was because my role did not exist before I arrived. I grew into this and there was enough support and feedback to structure my year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was encouraged all the time to better my own skills through the learning portal, lunch and learns, and was given time for my own development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employment prospects are very appealing to me with IBM. This is because there is a very flexible and inclusive culture where you can express what part of the business you would like to get into.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My fellow placement students were lovely and we made a great group of friends! Only downside was location of our office for after-work socialising, but this is obviously not a problem if you work in a city.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was pretty cheap to eat/socialise.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I personally never went out in Preston.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
IBM has endless opportunities for extra learning and socialising.
Imagine yourself working at IBM
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM