CRM & SEO Intern at L'Oreal

Business Analytics Business Management Customer Service Education/Teaching Financial Management Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.9/10

9.6

CRM Objectives:

1. Assist in email coordination to deliver timely campaigns in line with the brand’s focus/objectives and allocated monthly volumes.
Work to 3 weeks in advance (briefing to deployment). Ensure database of both consumer and professional are engaged. Assist in the increase of KPIs; OR: 12% to 16%. CTR: 2% to 5%. CTO: 11% to 15%.

2. Share regular reporting for both own and e-retail CRM, using acquired expertise to offer insights and optimisations with the objective to increase email engagement and conversion.
Propose an innovative and creative way to structure reports which can be easily updated on a weekly basis. Ensure insights are relevant, fresh and in line with industry best practice.

3. Develop strong relationships with email agency, Numberly and freelancer to manage email process effectively.
Attend weekly catch ups with Numberly team and ensure you’re aware of all ongoing campaigns to update the brand on email status. Manage the distribution of weekly email updates to deliver full transparency between CRM team and brand teams.

4. Assist in the coordination of E-retail CRM; liaising between brand teams and e-retailers to deliver briefs/assets to set deadlines.
Achieve a minimum 5% conversion rate in e-retail campaigns & develop the constant reporting and optimisation of campaigns to improve engagement and conversion KPIs.

SEO/AFF Objectives:

5. SEO CONTENT: help define the keyword landscape of each PPD brand (+ hair.com project), optimize existing content, supervise content production by partner agencies and eventually produce bespoke copy.
Run an SEO check on the copy production of the division (around 60 articles per month)

6. SEO TECH: assist the SEO channel in running audits of the SEO performance of our content management systems (canonicalization, hreflangs, page speed…)

Create a document detailing in a user-friendly way the SEO-relevant features of our CMSs (mainly magento)

7. SEO LINKS: with the help of SEO software, define link profiles for PPD websites and find growth potential

Forward a list of suggested publishers to PR teams in order to improve our link profiles

8. SEO reporting: improve current reporting (on google data studio) and assist SEO manager in building a ROI model for non-transactional brands

Build and send SEO monthly and quarterly reports to digital managers. Participate in workshops with CMO and our data analyst to improve the measurement of our marketing efforts

My year at L'Oreal has really exceeded my expectations and I have thoroughly enjoyed everyday. I feel during the year I have developed as a person personally and professionally. This is due to the responsibility given from day one. I felt fundamental to the business and was consistently pushed, sometimes right to the limit. All I am extremely grateful for.

I felt very valued from my colleagues of both interns and employees from very early on. There is culture of face to face interaction and not to hide behind your computer at L'Oreal which really stood out for me. This means that you build a good relationship and network of the people you work with quickly. This is reflected within my team and division and across function.

My two line managers were both extremely supportive of me and were there if I needed them. There were stages where we were closely aligned, and stages where our work was quite independent. Not once did I ever feel I couldn't ask a question or flag something.
Naturally, I was pushed to the edge of my comfort zone to maximise my potential throughout the year and from very early stages. This was done in a professional way and is something I am so grateful for, having learned so much.

I was very busy on a daily basis, so much so I felt that some of my work could have been improved if I had less to do so that it would allow time for more reflection, which is something I feel I lacked.
I would generally work outside of hours on a daily basis, though I did this to allow time for reflection and to ensure what I was being asked to do was well thought, rather than to tick the box. This got better as my internship progressed, as I developed the role to find efficiencies.

I was given a lot of responsibility on a daily basis. All of my opinions were taken into consideration and respected and in a lot of situations implemented. I worked closely with senior management as well all stakeholders who depended on me and would regularly ask me for advice and best practice!

I have learned many skills throughout my year at L'Oreal. Both soft and hard skills, to summarise the ones which I feel will benefit me for finalising my degree and in future careers they are:

-Time management
-Management of expectations
-Networking skills
-CRM best practice
-SEO practice
-Learning how to approach different working styles
-Stakeholder management
-Delegation

The atmosphere in the office was always very friendly and open. My team always celebrated others successes whether it be work related or not. Most days people would ask how your evening was and discuss the day ahead which made it a very nice environment to be and develop. The whole office was open and relaxed, everyone is always happy for questions to be asked, or time to be booked in. My team did regular team days which were specific opportunities to get closer to them outside of work, as well as a bake-off competition at the beginning of the year!

Very organised. We were always assured that if we were to need it, there are plenty of people to talk and be supportive whether it be our managers or HR. The internship begins with a one week handover period, which by the end you are well equipped with contacts for the year ahead. There is no such thing as a silly question!

Massively, both compulsory training and optional on a specific learning section. This was a great opportunity to explore areas outside of your job role, and develop a wider knowledge as well as on areas which may come into use in the future. All of which I am very grateful for.

Future employment at L'Oreal is very appealing, and they are supportive of what you chose to do. Colleagues of which I work with which have entered the company having been an intern are all thoroughly enjoying it as it really is a great place to work.

There was an internship committee which set up regular social and sporting events. This included summer and winter parties which were a highlight of the year. One included a boat party on the River Thames!

The cost of living was expensive, though being in London this was no shock. It was not a blocker to still have a good standard of living. There are some more affordable areas around the Hammersmith area to live which are commutable, as well as bars nearby.

Near the office there was a variety of pubs, restaurants and bars, though central London was best for nightlife which is easily accessible on the Tube.

There were plenty of activities to get involved in being part of the internship committee both sporting and social. However within my team especially. As the year progressed, I became close with my team, and so would occasionally go for a drink after work with them as well as on team days.