1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my internship and have learned so much about the industry and about my own abilities
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have felt valued from the moment i joined my team - i have had a huge amount of responsibility the entire duration of my placement
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support by my management, however i have felt like at times my team have been too busy to help with certain situations and made me feel like i couldnt ask them for help as i didnt want to add to their stress.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a daily basis i am inundated with emails and have to attend an extremely high amount of meetings, often i feel that i cannot complete my work as there is not enough time to do it
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given an amazing amount of responsibility from the moment i started my job, at the beginning of my placement i found the level of responsibility overwhelming however i think that i have grown into the role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the skills that i have developed include communication, project management and organisational skills. these skills will undoubtedly equip me for my future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the atmosphere in the office is often friendly and positive however there is undoubtedly a constant level of underlying stress.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
my placement was well organised there are always intern social activities as well as intern specific training fo myself and my manager.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
the company invests a lot in each of its interns involving us in serious business critical decisions and they also put us through so many trainings to ensure that we are performing to the best of our ability.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i would absolutely love to return to L'Oreal, i love the way that staff are valued and treated and the exposure to the industry is invaluable. Each role has potential progression and there are so many opportunities to interact with extremely senior members of staff.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are so many social activities constantly at L'Oreal, i have been to so many social events both with my team and with other interns which helps with bonding and forming positive relationships
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is extremely high meaning i have had to cut back on spending, this is to be expected in central London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife around L'Oreal is great, there are a multitude of pubs and bars as well as many other places only a tube ride away eg Fulham, Putney, and South Kensington.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are so many opportunities to get involved with social activities after work such as sport and social teams which help to build relationships outside of work.