Travel Industry Marketing Intern: Maintain the Disney Travel Agents website, order merchandise for Roadshows, Conferences and Trade Incentives, along with arranging travel for prize winners to Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Paris.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year and wouldn't change it for the world. I would recommend it to any student looking for placement opportunities, as I have learn't so much.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were extremely welcoming and I have throrouly enjoyed working with them. They are all such lovely individuals and I hope to keep in contact going into the future.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were amazing, although they gave me guidence they let me work on solo projects and gave me room to grow. In doing so it meant that I used my own intiative and gave me room to better menial and everyday tasks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I wasn't overwhelmed with work and could always say if I felt like I had too much handed to me. My managers were good with balancing my workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given huge amounts of responsability, from having my own account to being in charge of Roadshow merchandise for 800 people.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
These skill will stay with me into not only university ventures, but future endeavours. They are valuable skills gained for life - confidence, organisational skills, timekeeping, networking and written skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was friendly and it was lovely working in such a relaxed, yet driven enviornment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement was extremely organised and set up. As soon as I started everything had been arranged, including login details, desk and equipment.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have been privileged enough to visit Disneyland Paris, where I gained invaluble skils and I have completed a first aid training course. Both of which have helped with my self-development and growth.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Extremely appealing! It would be my dream to work and remain at The Walt Disney Company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were 11 interns within my department and we all got on extremely well. We sat together at lunch and organised events outside of work to get to know one another. We have all become life-long friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living/socialising in Hammersmith isn't cheap nor expensive. It all depends where you fancy going, like all places there is a varity of different options available.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife is good. We usually go out straight from work on a Friday for work drinks, because we start earlier we tend to go to bars as opposed to clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were opportunities to get involed outside of work. I joined the Netball team for one semester, where we played matches against other teams in our area. It was lovley getting to know people and network with other working women.