Travel Industry Marketing Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Central London and City
Marketing

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

8.8/10

Travel Industry Marketing Intern: Maintain the Disney Travel Agents website, order merchandise for Roadshows, Conferences and Trade Incentives, along with arranging travel for prize winners to Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland Paris.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year and wouldn't change it for the world. I would recommend it to any student looking for placement opportunities, as I have learn't so much.

My team were extremely welcoming and I have throrouly enjoyed working with them. They are all such lovely individuals and I hope to keep in contact going into the future.

My managers were amazing, although they gave me guidence they let me work on solo projects and gave me room to grow. In doing so it meant that I used my own intiative and gave me room to better menial and everyday tasks.

I wasn't overwhelmed with work and could always say if I felt like I had too much handed to me. My managers were good with balancing my workload.

I was given huge amounts of responsability, from having my own account to being in charge of Roadshow merchandise for 800 people.

These skill will stay with me into not only university ventures, but future endeavours. They are valuable skills gained for life - confidence, organisational skills, timekeeping, networking and written skills.

Everyone was friendly and it was lovely working in such a relaxed, yet driven enviornment.

The work placement was extremely organised and set up. As soon as I started everything had been arranged, including login details, desk and equipment.

I have been privileged enough to visit Disneyland Paris, where I gained invaluble skils and I have completed a first aid training course. Both of which have helped with my self-development and growth.

Extremely appealing! It would be my dream to work and remain at The Walt Disney Company.

There were 11 interns within my department and we all got on extremely well. We sat together at lunch and organised events outside of work to get to know one another. We have all become life-long friends.

The cost of living/socialising in Hammersmith isn't cheap nor expensive. It all depends where you fancy going, like all places there is a varity of different options available.

The nightlife is good. We usually go out straight from work on a Friday for work drinks, because we start earlier we tend to go to bars as opposed to clubs.

There were opportunities to get involed outside of work. I joined the Netball team for one semester, where we played matches against other teams in our area. It was lovley getting to know people and network with other working women.