Disneyland Paris Consumer Strategy Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Hammersmith Central London and City
Business Analytics Business Management Economics Marketing Sales Travel and Tourism

The Walt Disney Company is a Top Employer

8.1/10

7.6

Assist the UK, Ireland & International Strategy team for Disneyland Paris. Monitor and analyse the business environment, including segmentation & target marketing and analysis of the economic, political and travel environment across all the markets.

I have enjoyed my placement year at The Walt Disney Company. I would highly recommend future placement students to apply.

I feel valued by the DDI team, all members appreciate the work you are doing & you get recognised for going above and beyond.

I was given plenty of support and guidance by my manager and other senior members of my team.

Most days I was busy with lots of work to complete by set deadlines. If I had too much work to complete I was able to discuss the priorities with my manager.

I was given alot of responsibility during my placement year. I was always encouraged to be independent and to take ownership of the work I was completing.

I was able to gain all the necessary skills to be a consumer strategy intern. I believe this will help aid my studies in final year, by being able to put the theory into practice. I was also given the opportunity to meet and work with other teams, giving me insight into other lines of business & departments.

As with The Walt Disney Company culture, the general atmosphere was positive & fun. There was often fun Disney events & celebrations in the office.

On the first day you were introduced into the company with other interns. Most interns get a handover with the previous intern as well. However, as my role was new to this year I didn't get a handover, but future interns will benefit from this.

My manager set up time each week to discuss any work that needed to be completed, plus also involved my personal development in the role. We would discuss the improvement I have made in the role and what could be improved going forward.

Unfortunately there are no graduate roles in The Walt Disney Company. However, within my department (Disney Destinations International) many interns come back to fill roles that are vacant.

There is a good social scene in the team. The interns often go for drinks after work & we socialise with other colleagues through the Christmas party, Marketing away days & pub quizzes for charity.

As The Walt Disney Company offices are based in Hammersmith the cost of living & socialising is expensive.

There were plenty of nightlife options in London, just be prepared for lots of the options to be expensive.

There is a girls DDI netball team which runs throughout most of the year. We also had a VoluntEars day, which involved us creating a Park area for a children centre. There are also other opportunities throughout the company.