accounting at Barclays

Barclays is a Top Employer

6.9/10

6.5

CV. Cover letter, psychometric tests and interview

I really enjoyed talking to new people and listening to the people of the company, talking about their experiences, their job and also how they started. I listened to the things they like about it as well as the cons. I really enjoyed the experience and hope to do it again soon.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 30 roles at Barclays

I felt really supported with education of the company and how I learnt a lot from the helpful staff and they taught me a lot of things that I never actually knew before so I was really happy with my time there and they weren't shy or anything they really helped us all I believe.

I really felt supported at my time being there because all the staff were very friendly and exciting and they knew the answers to all our questions and they did not hesitate or goof off with another member of staff so that was great with the day so thanks to them.

The things that I learnt did not really help with my degree as my degree is more about learning from a textbook and learning about accounting rather then division that I had the experience of working with, however the incite did help me understand about the different career options and what is available for me after I finish university and the different careers that I can choose and what work is involved with all of them.

It was pretty well structured as they had a plan for what to do and when to do them and they did not hesitate and they were well prepared I would say. They had all the equipment all prepared on the desks as we walked in and they were very generous.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 30 roles at Barclays

The company gave us a lot of presentations from the people of the company and they talked a lot about the company which is everything that we learnt about, however we did not do any real training or development. Although we did get to sit next to the people who work there and see what their day to day job is like.

The company helped me to understand how the people that work there's day to day job is and to see how they had adapted to enjoy the job their style and how the proceed to a better lifestyle then before the got introduced to the face of the company .

This insight helped me in understanding what precepts the company accepts and proceeds and what it doesn't . But we learnt more about the face of the company instead of the company's culture so I'm not one hundred percent sure what to say and do except for the obvious ones.

My day there was pretty unbalanced to choose my future career because we were talking about this company and another company that I put down did not do days like this as it was much different so I'm quite confused because we've done different things and I'm feeling a bit unstable into choosing.

I spent almost 200 pounds on only train and bus charges so I lost quite a bit of money but maybe it was worth it because who knows, this might be great for my future but it would've been even better if we got paid obviously. They took their time for us so thank them.

Yes there was and in my opinion that was the best part of the whole experience because we got to meet and sit next to the people of the company and see how their daily day to day life is at the company and they explained all the pros and cons.

They were pretty well organised and good- structured as when we went there they had everything prepared and planned so I found it really good. I like it when everything is organised and planned because then we wouldn't waste any valuable time and get on with the experience. t d

I did not hear about all the opportunities of the activities outside of the company's work but i heard a few. I honestly wish they would have told us more about the activities outside of work so that's definitely something that I recommend. I think next time instead of wasting some time of the useless stuff, they should tell us useful things like this perhaps.

One hundred percent! It was really exciting and it made me really want to wake up early and set foot outside to go to the company whereas this other job experience I had, after a couple of hours and days I got bored of it and I've actually told many people about this insight already.