Marketing Intern at L'Oreal

Hammersmith Central London and City
Marketing

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.1/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my work placement, I had the opportunity to take on alot of responsibility in an industry and product I am very interested in.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at L'Oreal

I had a great team, who were very sociable and cared alot about eachother. I felt of alot of value on a professional level as well.

My manager was incredible. We built a great relationship where she trusted me to work autonomously, but was always there if i needed help or guidance.

This Fluctuated. Some days/ weeks I was very busy and there didn't seem like enough hours in the day. Others it was quite quiet.

I was given a good amount of responsibility. Alot more than other work placements, it was good to feel i was actually doing something and adding value.

I did a huge amount of training as there is such a great variety available at L'Oreal. Many of these were not industry specific and therefore I can take them forward with me in my degree and beyond.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 15 roles at L'Oreal

This is massively dependent on your team and where you sit. In general everyone works very hard and is focused but approachable and friendly. There are also alot of talks and activities and food/drinks to socialise so it is not always serious.

Once I had arrived the work placement was very well organised and set up, but this is because they take on quite a few interns every year. However the HR team were difficult to get in touch with through my application process.

The firm have invested significantly allowing me to do a lot of training's. My manager too sought out opportunities to develop me and push me out of my professional comfort zone.

Very appealing. I am currently applying for the Grad scheme with the aim of a long term career within L'Oreal.

Yes there are a number of socials and pub days in the summer!

Cost of living is not too bad. Hammersmith is a little out of the city so rent can be cheaper than central but if you have friends in the city it can be expensive to commute in to see them.

Lots of good casual bars and pubs, would go to central london for proper night life.

Yes there were a few, this again can be dependent on your team! Mine did not do huge amounts outside of work.