purchasing at Cummins

Purchasing and Supply

Cummins is a Top Employer

5.0/10

purchasing placement student

i was able to ask colleagues how they got into their profession – they appreciated my interest, and their tips were very useful later down the line! i could also ask questions about the organization and what they expect from employees, just in case i wanted to go back there (or a vacancy opens up) at a later date.

i Kept a record of what i have worked on and who i have worked with. For instance, my placement was in purchasing so i had the experience to sit in a negotiation meeting, with direct suppliers. i was able o interact with t he suppliers and give my point of view on things.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

i received verbal praises for time to time when one thought that i was doing a good job.
i was also invited to more significant meetings where i could learn more about the job and show my skills.
i also received gifts and appraisals at the end for doing a good job within my department.

i was able to attend numerous training sessions organized by the firm , in order to fill any Gap in the employees struggles daily.

i was also trained for the first 2 to 3 months of my placement in order to get used to each systems

my colleagues gave me continues support when needed throughout the year as well.

i was assigned task that i needed to complete weekly.
i was also supporting sourcing managers in their daily sourcing tasks.
i had to chance to attend supplier meetings where i was able to give my input in the company.
also participated in numerous charity events raising awareness for different causes.

Typical purchasing assistant duties are wide ranging. The job revolves around helping clients with their immediate needs such as send a receive quote, create cost effective projects , maintaining good relationship with suppliers, as well as helping them with basic day-to-day or administrative tasks like sending invoices to them to make the correct payments.

in this purchasing Placements , i was able to have the opportunity to gain specific skills to my subject or industry of choice as well as the employability skills required for real-life work. It also increased my knowledge of an industry or sector, allowing me to make better informed decisions about future career choices.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

good atmosphere with open space office that gives the opportunity to communicate with all colleagues when needed

the year was well planned. had an initial training session that lasted for the first 3 months then a section task with deadline and target set.

i had the opportunity to get into many training sessions. it could be system trainings and even future career development trainings.

not really as the company has not set any budget for graduate within the purchasing department.

yes , we could organize social event within ourselves as well as run all the charity events that we organized

fairly cheap. Darlington is a little town so it was cheaper that some other cities.

yes good, fair amount of pubs in town. could fine a different variety of bars and pubs for the needs of many types of people

quite frequent ,yes during charity events and organized socials within departments.