Licensing Sales Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Business Analytics Business Management Marketing Sales

5.7/10

4.8

3.5

It was challenging but very enjoyable at the same time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

I felt like a proper member of my team and department. Everyone was really friendly and welcoming.

I was given a lot of support by my line manager and team who were always encouraging me to push myself and go out of my comfort zone.

Usually really busy. I always had things I could be getting on with in the background even when not given daily urgent tasks.

Quite a lot. I built my own professional relationships with customers.

I feel that it has massively boosted my confidence.

I have learnt a large number of skills that I feel can be transferred to whatever workplace I end up in.

I have become far more organised which will help with my studies.

The knowledge I have gained I plan to use in my final year dissertation.

It has also helped me to think about what I want to get out of any future job I have.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company

The general atmosphere is very lively.

Everyone is hardworking but still socialble after work hours.

There is always something going on to get involved in around the office so it makes for an upbeat atmosphere.

Everyone is really friendly and genuinley wants to get to know you and help out.

It was quite well organised. We have had a couple of talks as an intern cohort throughout the year.

I have had one on one support from my manager too where we have discussed my goals at points throughout the year to ensure I get the most out of my placement year.

There have been a number of training sessions and talks that are open to the whole company to attend. However I dont feel that the company has really invested in the Interns as they have not really run any training specifically for us.

I have not been on any trips with my team. (May differ for other teams.

As far as a graduate scheme goes, there are no opportunities within TWDC. There may be future opportunities further down the line in my career.

At times the company can feel that it is quite old fashioned in the company culture. If this progressed then I could definitely see myself returning!

Yes there are over 150 interns so the social scene is great. there are so many of us which makes it really fun. We arrange nights out and go for regular drinks after work. We all go for lunch together every day which is nice.

Definitely preferable to being one of very few interns!

The cost of living and socialising is expensive. However, I live at home so dont feel the effects of it as much!

Drinks are expensive but we do get Disney discounts in some places.

Buying lunch everyday is expensive, we usually tend to bring in our own lunch to save some money.

The nightlife nearby work isnt great. We tend to go out into central london if we want to go out after work or on the weekend.

Not many. There are a few sports clubs that are run by fellow employees. There is also Disney VoluntEARS which sends us regular emails about volunteering opportunities for us to get involved in.