7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere is very lively.
Everyone is hardworking but still socialble after work hours.
There is always something going on to get involved in around the office so it makes for an upbeat atmosphere.
Everyone is really friendly and genuinley wants to get to know you and help out.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was quite well organised. We have had a couple of talks as an intern cohort throughout the year.
I have had one on one support from my manager too where we have discussed my goals at points throughout the year to ensure I get the most out of my placement year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There have been a number of training sessions and talks that are open to the whole company to attend. However I dont feel that the company has really invested in the Interns as they have not really run any training specifically for us.
I have not been on any trips with my team. (May differ for other teams.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As far as a graduate scheme goes, there are no opportunities within TWDC. There may be future opportunities further down the line in my career.
At times the company can feel that it is quite old fashioned in the company culture. If this progressed then I could definitely see myself returning!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there are over 150 interns so the social scene is great. there are so many of us which makes it really fun. We arrange nights out and go for regular drinks after work. We all go for lunch together every day which is nice.
Definitely preferable to being one of very few interns!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living and socialising is expensive. However, I live at home so dont feel the effects of it as much!
Drinks are expensive but we do get Disney discounts in some places.
Buying lunch everyday is expensive, we usually tend to bring in our own lunch to save some money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife nearby work isnt great. We tend to go out into central london if we want to go out after work or on the weekend.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not many. There are a few sports clubs that are run by fellow employees. There is also Disney VoluntEARS which sends us regular emails about volunteering opportunities for us to get involved in.
Imagine yourself working at The Walt Disney Company
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 20 roles at The Walt Disney Company