7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I would say that office was overall quite relaxed. You can usually have a casual conversation with your colleagues from time to time to help you rest for a bit.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement had its problems in the beginning as the organization was not quite good. The site was not ready with all the equipment needed for the interns. After that though everything went quite smoothly as the year progressed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There weren't any courses specifically designated for interns. What I would learn would come from my colleagues. Most teams are quite supportive and let you learn a lot while working.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As a large multi national company there a lot of job prospects for future graduates. Overall the graduate scheme is quite good.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There wasn't much in terms of social activities for the interns. Most people would just go out in groups. There wasn't a big gathering at the start of the internship or anything like that.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Relative to the area the salary we would be paid was quite good. I personally did a fair bit of travelling in the local area and even managed to save a bit of money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In my experience it is above average, but you shouldn't expect a lot of variety. There are some very enjoyable place in the local area though.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were plenty of volunteering and project opportunities one could get involved in. If you have the time, energy and will to partake there is plenty of stuff to do.
Imagine yourself working at GE Aviation
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at GE Aviation