Engineering Placement student at Cummins

Cummins is a Top Employer

7.3/10

6.0

Turbo design

I really enjoyed my placement as I learned a lot and gained valuable information which will hopefully help me for when I go back and complete my masters degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

I felt as though I was treated as part of the team and got given work which affected the business. There were social nights and activities which made the experience a lot better and made my year fly by.

I had weekly meetings with my manger to track my progress and give me advice on areas to improve.

I went through stages where there was a lot of work and times where it was minimal but during the times where we didn't have as much work, I was always kept busy by my manager.

I was given a lot of responsibility. I had projects which determined the outcome of the design which made my work feel valued.

The work I have done has helped me a lot in terms of understanding the material I learned at university and how it is applied in a real job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

We had 3 rotations during our placement and in those 3 rotations I got to experience each floor. Each floor had a different atmosphere but all seem to have a great vibe and people who are willing to help.

The placement was well organized by the development team and quarterly meeting would be helped to track each placement students progress.

We had the opportunity to enroll ourselves in whatever training we wanted to attend. We had the same resources as the employee which made us been valued.

If you perform well then you have the opportunity to get a scholarship with the company. Even if you don't get that then if you performed well then they will still give you the opportunity to work there in the future.

All students were enrolled in a greenpower scheme which gave the students a chance to bond and work as a team to help local schools with STEM projects.

It was relatively cheap, Looking at £400 rent for the month in a good place and loads of cheap supermarket which were close by

Poor, had to travel to Leeds and Manchester

We had a social committee which organized football and badminton activities