1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed it a lot! Everyone in my office was friendly and welcoming so I got on really well with them all. If I ever needed help they were able to assist me with what I was doing.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given lots of jobs to do and they weren't just small ones. Some involved speaking or presenting to top management which showed they trusted me to work well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had two supervisors, one more desk based and the other a lot more hands on. This meant I had good exposure to both types of working and also meant I wasn't bored.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Takes a few months to grow into the position and get to know people but after that people come to you for answers and get you to help them. I always had jobs to do but at a manageable rate.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility as I was able to run my own projects. for those projects I was also presenting to top management on the results and strategies that could be implemented.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was put on 4 all day training courses with other placement students on site which improved my: communication, team work, presentation and customer care. There was also other compulsory training on site on health and safety and right environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was busy as we had contractors coming in and out but everyone was friendly and fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The Cummins placement program is very well organised and we get lots of training to help us through the process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was put on multiple training courses. Cummins try to invest as much as possible to try and get you to come back after university.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will definitely consider coming back to Cummins after my degree as it is an inclusive and beneficial business.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All placement students are friendly and you get to meet them before you start and also interact through on site training.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home during my placement as it saved me a lot of money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
rugby or Northampton are the best places to go out which are pretty good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was football and other social activities set up through cummins.