Environmental Placement Student at Cummins

Energy Engineering Environmental Geography

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.5/10

8.6

Enjoyed it a lot! Everyone in my office was friendly and welcoming so I got on really well with them all. If I ever needed help they were able to assist me with what I was doing.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

I was given lots of jobs to do and they weren't just small ones. Some involved speaking or presenting to top management which showed they trusted me to work well.

I had two supervisors, one more desk based and the other a lot more hands on. This meant I had good exposure to both types of working and also meant I wasn't bored.

Takes a few months to grow into the position and get to know people but after that people come to you for answers and get you to help them. I always had jobs to do but at a manageable rate.

I was given lots of responsibility as I was able to run my own projects. for those projects I was also presenting to top management on the results and strategies that could be implemented.

I was put on 4 all day training courses with other placement students on site which improved my: communication, team work, presentation and customer care. There was also other compulsory training on site on health and safety and right environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

It was busy as we had contractors coming in and out but everyone was friendly and fun

The Cummins placement program is very well organised and we get lots of training to help us through the process.

I was put on multiple training courses. Cummins try to invest as much as possible to try and get you to come back after university.

I will definitely consider coming back to Cummins after my degree as it is an inclusive and beneficial business.

All placement students are friendly and you get to meet them before you start and also interact through on site training.

I lived at home during my placement as it saved me a lot of money.

rugby or Northampton are the best places to go out which are pretty good.

There was football and other social activities set up through cummins.