2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given lots of jobs to do and they weren't just small ones. Some involved speaking or presenting to top management which showed they trusted me to work well.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had two supervisors, one more desk based and the other a lot more hands on. This meant I had good exposure to both types of working and also meant I wasn't bored.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Takes a few months to grow into the position and get to know people but after that people come to you for answers and get you to help them. I always had jobs to do but at a manageable rate.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility as I was able to run my own projects. for those projects I was also presenting to top management on the results and strategies that could be implemented.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was put on 4 all day training courses with other placement students on site which improved my: communication, team work, presentation and customer care. There was also other compulsory training on site on health and safety and right environment.
Imagine yourself working at Cummins
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins