1 week shadowing an intern and gaining an understanding of the company.
1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
I thoroughly enjoyed the insight week. I was able to gain a lot of insight and information about how the company operates, as well as getting to experience the work in numerous different departments within the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
Everyone at L'Oreal was very hospitable and welcoming
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The employees were highly engaging and looked to support me whenever I needed. They were happy to cover tricky terminology and concepts in greater detail in order for me to get a better understanding.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills are learnt at L'Oreal will be highly valuable for me in the future , both socialising and meeting with new people, as well as improving my ability to present new and difficult topics.
5. How well structured was the insight?
The insight was very well structured. I was able to follow an apprentice and gain a good understanding of her role. L'Oreal also set up talks with numerous senior figures in order to give us a broader understanding of the company.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?