Developing relationships with major brands. Adding content to TopCashback, including creating copy, editing images and uploading cashback deals.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement at TopCashback was really enjoyable. My role enabled me to be creative and work with a vast amount of brands.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was valued by my colleagues. I was able to participate in group meetings in order for my voice to be heard as well as being able to implement any changes voiced into my role.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was always there to help if it required. Very approachable and was always willing to listen. Anyone in your team was available to help if there were any issues on a day to day basis.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Within my role there was always something to do on a daily basis. If my workload became heavy during peak times of the year such as Black Friday and Christmas, other members of the team were cross-trained which meant that they were always there to help.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My placement gave me a lot of responsibility. The role was heavily around the hub placements on site, including creating the copy and editing the images for site. The hubs included 24 hour offers, as well as weekly exposure for merchants which revolved around a specific theme. My role enabled me to explore more of my creative side as well as working with a large number of brands.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think my placement has supported my degree as it has enabled me to explore the marketing side of Business. It has also helped me to develop my communication skills as well as my confidence.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was very family/friendly and very relaxing. The employees at TCB were very friendly and helpful including other placements. Monthly pizza meetings and BF and peak periods we were given food which is a +.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
When I began my placement there was a time period where the previous placement was there to train and guide you within your role, allowing you to settle in and learn your role before they left.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
TopCashback regularly trained us on new programs such as Qlik as well as the requirements of GDPR. I also had the opportunity to go down to London to meet a couple of merchants to give me a greater insight into their strategy and the way that they work on site.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year within this organisation. The only thing that would prevent me from coming back is the salary.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Depending on when you start your placement, you will have the opportunity to go to either 1 or 2 summer socials and a christmas social. There was also a Facebook group that allowed me to talk to other placements before starting my job role. The placements at TCB played ping pong together on breaks as well as organising to go out after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Stafford is cheap and affordable to go out and socialise in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Pretty quiet as there aren't many places to go out in, but there are a couple of pubs and clubs to go to.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was football outside of work but I did not participate.