1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my time at TopCashback. I found the company easy to adjust to and the work stimulating and interesting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given lots of responsibility and my opinion was considered, I was also involved in meetings and contributed to discussions with many departments in TopCashback. I always felt that I was valued by my team and others in the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was very supportive and always willing to help if ever I needed it. The team worked together very well to overcome any issues/ make improvements, all of which was overseen and supported by our manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always something to do and I was never bored. In peak times the work load was quite intense however the team are great at supporting and helping each other out in order to ensure that your workload is manageable, because of this I was never stressed about my work load.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At TopCashback I was given lots of responsibility which made the placement exciting and fulfilling. I was made to feel like a permanent employee as I was in charge of loading homepage exposure and liaising with top brands.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think that my placement has made me more confident in the work place and provided me with an insight in to a professional working environment. It has helped to contextualise what I have learnt so far in my degree which will assist me further when I return to study.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed, during peak periods for example during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we were provided with pizza and fish and chips which made the day more enjoyable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised, I had enough time with the previous placement to handover accounts and understand my job role/ responsibilities fully before they left.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm is willing to assist you in developing your skills and make the most of your placement. I was able to attend some meetings with brands in the London office and I also was able to train on Email Marketing as I found this area of the company interesting and it also related to my degree.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Future employments prospects are very appealing within the organisation, the only thing that would deter me from returning is the salary.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had 2 yearly company-wide socials, one summer social and one winter social. There was also a placement facebook group and chat before we started so that you could get to know everyone and arrange housing. We also went out with other placements.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Stafford is quite cheap to socialise and go out in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There aren't many clubs in the area however the town holds student nights which get quite busy and also have guest appearances at some of the clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were activities such as football held outside of work, however I didn't participate in this.