PMO at IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

6.7/10

7.6

5.2

Working on a client site providing project management services

There are great learning opportunities with in IBM. These include events, badges and other resources. There is also a very good culture of helping each other out which I try to adhere to.

I understand how my work fits into the overall project that I am a part of and that if it is not done that that would lead to complications but at some points there has been a lack of management which I think needs to be addressed.

My main task manager has not been completely supportive and easy to work with during my time here. Yet I work closely with other on the project who are willing to help me and I do feel supported by them.

I started off extremely busy as I went through a steep learning curve to try and adjust to working life but then my tasks reduced and I was left with less to do. I took this to my manager and after a long time I was given additional responsibilities which now keep me busy.

Slowly I have been given more responsibilities which has allowed for me to take on better tasks that are more integral to the project

The current work that I am doing in business will greatly help me to understand and succeed on my business related university course.

There is a great friendly atmosphere in the office that makes it a very good environment to work in despite the pressure of delivery .

The placement and organisation was very efficient.

There are lots of skills, career and other events and training which allows for a lot of personal development

There are potentials for future employment but no specific scheme for taking gap year students on after university.

Yes, we do have a group of younger employees who socialise to an extent outside of work but not a lot

It is not particularly expensive

Not good

There are a few good opportunities such as the corporate games and quiz nights