Working on a client site providing project management services
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
There are great learning opportunities with in IBM. These include events, badges and other resources. There is also a very good culture of helping each other out which I try to adhere to.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I understand how my work fits into the overall project that I am a part of and that if it is not done that that would lead to complications but at some points there has been a lack of management which I think needs to be addressed.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My main task manager has not been completely supportive and easy to work with during my time here. Yet I work closely with other on the project who are willing to help me and I do feel supported by them.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I started off extremely busy as I went through a steep learning curve to try and adjust to working life but then my tasks reduced and I was left with less to do. I took this to my manager and after a long time I was given additional responsibilities which now keep me busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Slowly I have been given more responsibilities which has allowed for me to take on better tasks that are more integral to the project
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The current work that I am doing in business will greatly help me to understand and succeed on my business related university course.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a great friendly atmosphere in the office that makes it a very good environment to work in despite the pressure of delivery .
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement and organisation was very efficient.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are lots of skills, career and other events and training which allows for a lot of personal development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are potentials for future employment but no specific scheme for taking gap year students on after university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we do have a group of younger employees who socialise to an extent outside of work but not a lot
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is not particularly expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are a few good opportunities such as the corporate games and quiz nights