1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Hard work, very hierarchical This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions Lack of support and guidance and very high expectations of interns.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
A massive divide between interns and the permenant workforce. Interns are looked down on, overworked and there is a lack of respect and trust.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
No support whatsoever, if you have Questions your expected to find the answer for yourself. No time is put aside to give guidance and colleagues are just too busy to have to deal with inexperienced interns
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There is a lot of workload given with strict deadlines. It is a big culture shock from university to L’Oréal. It’s hard to adjust at first but as time goes on you learn how to manage the high workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibly, you where given your own projects and they did make a difference and have a large impact on the brand.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Yes learned a lot but I wouldn’t say L’Oréal taught be this, it was self taught skills in a corporate environment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good atmosphere, lots going on and nice environment. People are very stressed a lot of the time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Not great, you where given a handover from the previous intern but this was rushed and lacked detail. Learning on the job is most effective, but when you had questions your colleagues where reluctant to answer as they would just say This was covered in your handover when sometimes it was not.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They didn’t invest in you they merely viewed you as a number. No personalised development or guidance was given. At the end of the day you where just an intern and thats how you where treated.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Grad scheme is offered but very very competitive. For most there’s not much progression available.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Not really, occasional events but nothing special... we had a good intern committe where we did event externally to the organisation
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It’s London rents expensive and so is costs of living
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Okay, good pubs and bars. But a better scene in other areas which arnt too far away
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was but they where pretty poor and inconsistent. Not great