Talent Acquisition Intern at CooperVision

Fareham South East
Human Resources Legal/Law Recruitment

9.1/10

9.4

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement because I felt valued by the team and company instantly. CooperVision truly works with its core values in mind and provided me with the perfect balance of both support and responsibilities. The placement allowed me to develop multiple skills including commercial awareness, interpersonal skills and significantly improved my confidence in a future career in industry once I graduate.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at CooperVision

I felt valued and respected throughout my placement. I was actively encouraged to be involved in all areas of the recruitment process and was given the opportunities to share my opinion on how to improve both the manager and candidate experience.

Initially, I was nervous that I did not have much practical experience working in recruitment or HR. However, all my colleagues were extremely patient and supportive throughout the year and provided sufficient training to allow me to pick up the role quickly. I never felt judged for any mistakes made because my colleagues always were understanding.

The volume of work varied throughout the year. Some points of the year did peak in volume but it was always manageable and it allowed the role to always be engaging.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much responsibility I was given. My responsibilities grew in correlation to my development in the role. By the end of the placement, I was responsible for many roles throughout the recruitment process. I always had the support of my colleagues whenever I had any questions.

I developed numerous skills that I can definitely transfer into future grad roles.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at CooperVision

The office continuously had a positive environment. All levels of the business demonstrate CooperVision's core values and you could always speak to any employee from any area or level of the business.

The internship was well organised and was flexible to fit with my development within the role.

There was in house training to develop specific skills such as excel skills, presentation skills and communication skills.

I would definitely work at CooperVision in the future if an opportunity arose.

There were events across the year that different departments could get involved.

The Fareham/Portsmouth/Southampton area is affordable

There are numerous bars and clubs in both the Southampton and Portsmouth area.

CooperVision has both wellness activities and numerous fundraising events throughout the year.