Winter Vacation Scheme Student at Allen & Overy

Corporate Law

Allen & Overy is a Top Employer

8.7/10

The A&O Winter Vacation Scheme was greatly tailored to our interests. We were given the opportunity to arrange meetings with people involved in things we were interested in.

Many members of the practice area I sat in were very keen in involving me with any interesting work they had.

Everyone in the team, including my mentor and the trainees, were all really friendly and were more than happy to answer any questions I had.

It helped me gain a better understanding of what legal work involved.

There were organised presentations/activities in the mornings and evenings and we sat in our respective practice areas during the time in between.

The scheme was really fun and definitely worth the time.

We were given access to many resources and we were each assigned a trainer.

Although we couldn't see all the practice areas due to time constraints, it was a great opportunity to see what it feels like to work in one of the teams.

Other than my own experience, we were given the opportunity to meet people from a range of seniorities to ask about what it's like to work at A&O

The scheme gave us a feel of what it's like to work as a commercial lawyer.

Everyone on the scheme was paid and we could also apply for a bursary

Yes, we could arrange meetings with people from different practice areas

Yes, there were numerous networking dinners, drinks and lunches that we attended.

Yes, we could meet up with people from choir, diversity networks and pro bono teams.

Yes, it is definitely a great opportunity and the scheme is very well organised