Recruitment Consultant at Hays

manchester North West
Recruitment Sales

8.8/10

Hiring paralegals into permenant positions

Really enjoyed it. Gained an excellent insight into how a large business works.

I wasn't treated as an intern, but as part of the team. I was involved with any team nights out, activities, successes etc.

Any questions I had, I felt more than comfortable taking them to my manager, any member of my team or anyone else at Hays who I deemed would be able to help my query. Everyone is very approachable.

Most days are busy, however with people being your product, there are some periods eg. christmas, where people slow down on looking for jobs and as a result, it hinders the volume of work. Nethertheless, there are always things to be getting on with.

Full responsibility - I was doing the same job as my manager and the people around me. I was fully hiring people and making fees for the business.

I have become a lot more confident dealing with a range of people due to having to interview candidates myself on a daily basis. My communication skills have developed along with presentation skills - all these will be transferable to assist my third year at Uni.

Work hard, play hard. Buzzing atmosphere in the office, never a dull moment, always someone around to chat to. Lots of nights out, celebrations, recognition etc.

Extremely well organised. Hays internships is a regular programme every year and there are several weeks training programmes set up.

We had a week training in the office, a week training in another office, academys, one to one trainings etc.

Appealing, I can see myself in recruitment, however before my placement it was never something I had considered for myself and so I want to explore other options too. I would always go back, regardless.

Everyones always chatting, wanting to go out, celebrate etc. Never a dull moment.

Considering I worked in the Centre of Manchester, living and socialising is the same as anywhere. Not expensive considering!

Centre of Manchester - speaks for itself. Hundreds of bars to go to, loads of amazing restaurants, shops, clubs etc.

Not many opportunities to get involved in outside of work unless your team organises a social event.