1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Yes I very much enjoyed this work placement and think it was a really good opportunity to develop my skills in the work environment and interact with many new people. I would highly recommend this to other people looking to do something like this as I think it is very worthwhile.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. They were all very friendly and made me feel welcome and settled very soon and therefore I felt very valued by them. They were all very helpful and made my placement go very fast as they got the job done but we had lots of fun too.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Yes the arrangement were really good at supporting me. I was given a buddy when I first started who helped me learn the ropes and then I had 3 month meetings and regular catch ups with my manager who created goals for me and helped me develop how I felt was good.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was often really busy each day during me time there. however, this was good because it made the time go quickly and it meant that I learnt a lot very quickly. The quantity of work was not too much and therefore the business was welcomed and felt this was good.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the placement went on I was given more and more responsibility which was nice because I felt like I was developing and what I was doing was being valued. However, I was never given too much or left on my own for too long and so I think the set up was good.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills I learnt were very practical work skills and therefore they were very different to my degree studies which was good because I wanted to widen my experience and have something different for my CV and therefore I would recommend this if you want more variety on your CV.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was always really positive and friendly in the office. it felt like I was part of a real team and everyone was very good and communicated and supporting other people and therefore I believe this was a really good thing during my work placement and think it was worthwhile.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement was very well organised and the set up of the scheme very good. The work load increased gradually, but this was good because it was in line with the skills I was developing and therefore it felt good to be able to deal with a greater work load.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think the company was very good at provided personal training and development as the mangers ensured regular meetings and clear goals throughout the programme so this was a really strong aspect of the scheme and made it very worthwhile because it was clear to see one's development throughout it.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think the prospects within the organisation were not as appealing as some other organisations because for me I do not think it would be using my degree enough and therefore as this is really important to me I do not think that I would go for a job there in future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes the social scene was very good in the work placement. Everyone was really friendly and each day it felt like you became more of a team and part of a big family. I really liked this. There were also lots of social events outside of work which was very good.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
No this was not socialised in the area I was working in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was okay in the area I was in. Nothing to rave about particularly, but I think perhaps I did not go to all of the nightlife places as I tended to stick to more of the general pubs that people went to so perhaps did not get the full experience.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes the company offers many subsidies on food, entertainment and all sorts of shops and therefore this felt like it improved the activities available outside of work. Also as a work place many things were organised like social events and team trips that really made my time there very good.