1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Loved the business as a whole and as part of my placement I got to try out the different aspects of accounts so I got a good insight into exactly what accounts was like.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone is really friendly and treats you like an equal no matter what their role. Its really easy to ask anyone for help and they are willing to. I made friends here that I will definitely stay in contact with when I leave.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The workload was quite significant and at times could be a bit stressful however when I asked for help my supervisors were really understanding and helped to ease the workload. They're also really friendly and easy to talk to so I felt comfortable asking them questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was always plenty to do however the days could often fluctuate and you could find yourself really busy for a week then the week after would be quite quiet.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given quite a lot of responsibility I had 3 jobs that were mine to do and it was my responsibility to ensure I met the deadline, I has to ensure suppliers and employees were paid on time.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Really helped me with my time management skills as I had several jobs I had to balance. I also got to integrate with the managers and directors of the company which helped my communication skills and allowed me to get more business connections.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office had quite a relaxed atmosphere, everyone is really friendly so as long as you're on top of you're workload you can have a nice chat whilst you work
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I completed 6 months in 2 different departments, there was a smooth transition in between both my roles and in training me as I finished one job and started the other.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company never held back in training me in new jobs, any job that I asked about they were willing to train me in. You learn something new pretty much everyday and everyone is willing to help out and teach you something new if you get stuck.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home for the year but some of my work colleagues lived in rented accommodation and there were some reasonably priced options, you just need to shop around to find a good place.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes the business is always doing little things, we had the opportunity to go and help out in a soup kitchen for the homeless.