Process Engineer R&D at GSK

GSK is a Top Employer

6.1/10

5.6

4.8

Very enjoyable placement. A lot of independence was required and there was a strong push for personal development.

Within my team and other IP students I felt extremely valued. Most colleagues around site also showed mutual respect. However there will always be people who look down upon you because you are an IP.

Support and guidance was always given when asked.

There were times where I was bored because I had to wait for specific people/responses however if I wanted to be busy, I always could find something to do. How much you put out is how much you get back.

I was given a lot of responsibility as I had my own projects to run. However when it came to other peoples projects it was pretty difficult to help due to them being heavily involved themselves.

Regarding my degree it did not really assist me because work issues are a lot easier than educational problems. However in terms of confidence, networking and presenting; helped heavily.

Perfect balance. Cant be said for other offices as they were habited by different teams.

Thanks to my manager.

They would invest time in you only if you ask. Everyone else has their own work they need to intend to which is understandable.

Depends on your career path. I want to look into oil and gas before I come back to pharmaceuticals.

Very social. Small site meant all the IP students were well connected to each other.

Not a lot to do in Weybridge, also very expensive. However travelling to other parts of surrey and London was not difficult.

no nightlife. Have to travel to nearest clubs.

Depends on your team and who you know.