1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed it quite a lot: I got to meet interesting people who not only know what they are doing and are able to guide you, but also they are quite nice and sociable. Aside from that, I also enjoyed the extra activities provided by HR.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I got the chance to work in a quite interesting project, which was also important to the team I was in. They were extremely supportive and they valued my opinion not only about the project but also other subjects. That gave me a sense of being completely part of the group.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
He was absolutely fantastic. We had weekly meetings to discuss the progress that I was doing with the project and also to discuss blockers and what to do next. Not only we would have weekly meetings but also, in case of need, he was there to support me and answer my questions/doubts.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Quite busy but definitely not overload. I guess almost the perfect balance to be honest.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I mentioned before, I got to work on an individual project that was also important to the entire group. So on one hand I had the fully responsibility, which was nice because I was able to experience from end to end the different stages of the project itself. Nevertheless, my manager was there for me and to point me the right direction in case of need.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I guess I acquired skills for life. At the moment I accepted a job where I was doing my internship, and, it is important to say that what I did for my project required skills I did not have. Amazing experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Professional and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I believe they invested a lot on me. First because every week there were courses available -- from python to Expedia structure, business, software, etc. -- and second the team I was in had general meetings every week.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?