Commercial Associate at SAP

Feltham Greater London
Commercial Law

8.5/10

9.7

Booking all transactions conducted within the SAP UK and Ireland market, which include, On-Premise, Cloud, Indirect and Partner transactions.
• Draft Order Forms and Change Requests

• Provide support to the sales departments of the business on the ‘Quote to Cash’ processes and booking processes.

• Work with the CFO and Head of Legal (Lead Council) on obtaining their signatures for Contracts.
• Work with the Commercial and Revenue Recognition (RevRec) Departments in processing bookings and drafting contracts.
• Work with RevRec in regard to deal structuring in order to be USGAAP and IFRS 15 compliant.

• Improve Commercial Operation processes to be more efficient.
• Work with the Shared Delivery Centre team based in Argentina and Prague in regard to standard contracts.
• Work with the Bookings Team in Prague with regard to booking deals.

My year internship at SAP was nothing short of amazing being part of a dynamic team who invest time and energy in you was invaluable to me.

All my colleagues wanted to do was to teach and share their knowledge with me so that I could develop and grow. It’s something that emboldened me to come out my shell and make a positive contribution.

My manager from day one wanted to set out a clear path for my development. I was lost and didn’t exactly know what I wanted but with his support and those in my team I slowly but surely began to lay out my own future plans.

Quarter Ends at a Sales Tech company is especially busy! But besides from then I was constantly busy working on projects to improve processes and to help develop not just processes in my team but also my own logical thinking.

Making sure all contracts were signed before midnight at the end of every quarter is quite a big responsibility I guess so that we could recognise revenue.... But you always have the support to make sure you don’t sink but swim.

Dealing with stress and extremely complicated tasks at such a big and complex company was a skill that I learned massively. Especially given that you don’t really deal with this when you have a little part time job for pocket money while at University studying.

Lively and busy all the time. Especially at Quarter end when the pressure is really on to give your best and really deliver!

My placement in my team was very organised my manager knew what he expected of me and made sure I knew what I should expect of them and that really helped.

My team made sure I was involved in all kinds of meetings where sometimes I would shadow and sometimes I would actually contribute to enhance my skills and understanding of processes and complex concepts.

On my last day of my placement I was actually offered to join back the following July as a Commercial Business Partner (graduate) after I graduate from university. So that was a big achievement for me.

The intern community was very close. Thursday night drinks with everyone was always eventful!

It’s London? Very expensive!

The nightlife in the area was virtually non existent. But we were close to so many areas where we could go and with just a train and tube station round the corner it was never an issue for us.

There were all sorts of volunteering and other activities that we got involved in for charity and contributing to the local community.