Student at Bank of England

Fife Scotland
Education/Teaching

7.5/10

It was highly informative and was a chance for me to learn more about the Bank of England. Having my questions answered gave me the confidence to put in an application for the Risk stream.

It was reassuring to know that the Bank thought I was good enough to apply when I selected as part of a small group. The Bank treated all visitors on that day very well and with courtesy and respect.

It was very insightful and having current interns and recent graduates talk to us about their experiences with the Bank was useful.

It was a varied day and kept me interested at all times, it did not feel like a waste of time. If anything, even walking about the grandiose building was inspiring.

Everyone there wanted to be there and was super keen on getting stuck in! It was more relaxed than expected and there wasn't a pressure to behave a certain way.

Apart from general advice on putting in an application, there wasn't much advice on how to bolster one's application through study practice, things to read/learn, or how to build a good CV. This would've been more useful, perhaps a few practise tests during the day about how the online assessment would be like would've been useful.

I think it gave me a chance to consider a career that previously I hadn't.

It was fairly helpful.

Maximum £30 on travel expenses, since I was travelling from Scotland.