1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the colaborative nature of my placement. It was amazing to work alongside very senior members of staff and really learn from them. I loved working creatively and being solution driven.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team made me feel especially valued, particularly by giving me infinite amounts of responsibility and autonomy. I really appreciated the chance to work super closely with the team and their celebration of my own success.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager on my placement made sure that I did not avoid any of the tasks I found difficult, by encouraging me to challenge myself and master the things I found difficult.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy on a daily basis, however, I felt supported to take on the work that I had. I knew my team were there to support me if I was overly busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My placement gave me the opportunity to work increasingly with senior stakeholders and on projects that impacted not only my own, but other people's professional development.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My degree was super useful as I was able to pull all of the soft skills such as interviewing and researching.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
In general, the office has an incredibly vibrant atmosphere. It is an organisation where everyone is incredibly driven but also they celebrate wins. There are opportunities to work hard and then opportunities to celebrate everyone's hard work together.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was incredibly structured. I knew what my responsibilities were from the get go and my manager made sure every week that I felt challenged.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The business invested a lot of time into me. Particularly when looking at my professional development and training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The idea of working at AlphaSights is super exciting for the future!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene at the business with my fellow new joiners was great! We would have regular drinks and socials!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Luckily, the cost of living is affordable if you know where to look in London. The cost of socialising is very high though.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in the area of the office is limited. In the business district, everything closes around midnight but you can always travel out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There so many opportunities to get involved such as with the company sports teams.