Human Resources Intern at Oracle

Reading South West
Human Resources

8.9/10

8.6

I loved my placement. From day 1 I felt like a valued member of the team. I was given lots of interesting tasks to do and really felt like I was making a contribution. It was hard work, but I learnt so much and was really sad to leave. Would recommend a placement to anyone.

They were like another family. They welcomed me into the team from the beginning and no question was a silly one. They got involved in some really interesting projects and wanted my opinion. They were one of the reasons why I loved my job so much. They were all so experienced as well so it was interesting learning from them.

My manager was fantastic. He had done a placement scheme and then a graduate placement so knew what a student would be looking for. We have regular 121s which I always looked forward to and knew I could ask anything. He let me get involved with loads of inter activities.

I was really busy, it is obviously slower when you first begin as you have to learn, but as you get more used to the job, the work picks up. I was also proactive in asking for work when I was less busy which meant I was involved in some interesting projects I might not have been exposed to if I didn’t ask.

I was given complete responsibility, I was another team member, not an intern. I managed projects, spoke to and advised employees every day and was involved in some private and confidential work. I never felt like just an intern as I had a proper job with proper responsibilities.

It has given me a real focus for my final year as I know I want to go back and continue learning more about HR. It has always helped with assignments as I can apply what I learnt to my essays. It has also helped with my time management skills.

The office atmosphere was also good! Everyone was so friendly! As an intern everyone wants to talk to you and we got the chance to meet a lot of very senior employees at oracle at various networking events.

The placement year has a good structure with plenty of support from the coordinator.

I had a chance to work on some key personal skills as well as professional. Just being in a working environment is a great experience for any young person at the start of their career.

I have been asked to return which is really exciting. I can’t wait to go back as I loved the company, the people and the role.

Yes, there was also plenty of socials with the interns to go to. We also had various team days and team meals which was a good way to make better friendships with the team.

I commuted so not sure acorn reading, but from what I heard it wasn’t too bad.

Good, lots of different clubs and bars.