1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Challenging experience and a fantastic insight into a working environment. Wider work experience was available meaning I could involve myself in tasks outside of my comfort zone enabling me to push my own boundaries.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every colleague was always willing to help and happy to hand out responsibility to make you feel part of them team.
They were happy to give praise when praise was given and I had tasks equal to those of my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Had regular meetings to keep track of progress and to ensure I was happy in what I was doing. They were always available to talk to and very easy to approach.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Consistantly busy with it picking up throughout placement. There was a balance between having some days doing less and some doing more.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given full responsibility of all tasks you carry out but there was always support available if I needed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This placement provided me with real life examples that I will be able to draw upon in my studies.
It allowed me to bring many theories into practice.
I have developed many soft skills such as time management that will aid me as well as increased motivation and an understanding of where my studies will lead me.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Perfect mix between professional and friendly. After settling in it was easily yo tell there was a strong team bond and professional nature that aided work in a friendly environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Had projects to complete whilst on placement. As well as extra qualifications being offered to improve our experience. Opportunities were given to visit other sites and partake in training days.
Strong networks were built between employee and manager and manager was always there to support.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Lots of training was provided as well as the option to go to other sites for further training.
Monthly check ins were made to track my personal development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Prospects are high due to it being such a large and successful company, even in uncertain times.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social network with many social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Average but often deals.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good nightlife with an abundance and variety of bars all around the city as well as restaurants and many other places.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?