1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am currently still undergoing my internship as I began as a graduate on the internship shceme and was kept on due to my contributions in the team. As with all work enviroments, this internship has not come without it's challenges- however as I've made relationships with my immediate and wider teams and produced my own campiagns and projects I feel I've really got into my role and bring a great amount of value to my team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel incredibly valued by my immediate team and the majority of the wider team members. However I feel that the initial intern coordinator could've been more interactive in terms of checking how we were getting on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been absolutely incredible and goes above and beyond what many intern managers would. She's incredibly supportive and happy to help with any queries and encourages me to ask when I need help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As with many roles, the majority of the time I am very busy and have a lot of projects to work on but there are the occasional days hwere it's nice to be able to get some admin time in.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been given increasing amounts of responsibility within my role, leading to me now owning and driving a project which is hoping to be pushed out throughout EMEA and hopefully collaborating with the US.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I was a graduate when I began the placement, I don't feel this question is too relevant to me. However, I do feel like it has helped me mature and become incredibly well-equipped for the future world of work and buisness.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Reading office is normally quite quiet, and not a lot of my team go there to work. I often work from home and will go into the London office when needed which I really enjoy as I get to see a lot of the wider team and strengthen my relationships with them.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I felt like we were given a lot of opportunities as interns which I've really enjoyed. However I feel more could alos have been done.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Oracle has invested a lot in me I feel. My manager has allowed me to go to various away days and training to work on different skills and put them into practice.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I can definitley see myself working at Oracle in the future and feel the younger generation of interns are making a difference.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I've made some incredible friends from the internship but don't feel this was actively encouraged by the scheme itself.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?