Systems Support Intern at Oracle

Customer Service Information Technology

7.3/10

• Worked as a field engineer, going to customers sites to fix both hardware and software issues.
• Dealing with customer systems looking to resolve all issues and logging all action taken while on site for future reference.
• Fixed and replaced DIMMs, motherboards, Micros printers and handhelds, hard drives, workstations and coin cell batteries. Also included onsite diagnostics and fault finding of customer systems.
• Achieved an intern team of the year award for our hard work over the course of the year
• Slashed administration tasks for engineers by creating an application to help them.

Great place to work! Super friendly and they provide plenty of opportunities to explore the business. Never a dull day plus plenty of charity and extra curricular things to do to help your business development. The year I spent there was without a doubt worth it and I would recommend it to anyone

I felt extremely valued in the business as I attended important business meetings and even had my own import in these meetings aiding the business.

I had loads of support and always felt that I could go to anyone and ask for help.

On a daily basis you are always busy either doing the work for your role, or organising charity things plus sometimes your helping colleagues with their work too.

I had plenty of responsibility during my placement. I felt in command of my own work.

Without a doubt the skills I learned help me with my final year project and the personal skills helped me with future grad jobs too