• Worked as a field engineer, going to customers sites to fix both hardware and software issues.
• Dealing with customer systems looking to resolve all issues and logging all action taken while on site for future reference.
• Fixed and replaced DIMMs, motherboards, Micros printers and handhelds, hard drives, workstations and coin cell batteries. Also included onsite diagnostics and fault finding of customer systems.
• Achieved an intern team of the year award for our hard work over the course of the year
• Slashed administration tasks for engineers by creating an application to help them.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great place to work! Super friendly and they provide plenty of opportunities to explore the business. Never a dull day plus plenty of charity and extra curricular things to do to help your business development. The year I spent there was without a doubt worth it and I would recommend it to anyone
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued in the business as I attended important business meetings and even had my own import in these meetings aiding the business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had loads of support and always felt that I could go to anyone and ask for help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a daily basis you are always busy either doing the work for your role, or organising charity things plus sometimes your helping colleagues with their work too.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had plenty of responsibility during my placement. I felt in command of my own work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Without a doubt the skills I learned help me with my final year project and the personal skills helped me with future grad jobs too
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?