1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am pleased to go into work in the mornings. I enjoy my job role and like the people I work with. Everyday something i do something different and every week i learn something new. There are lots of opportunities to challenge your self and get the most out if the placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As we work within smaller teams within departments, you get to work closely with your colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
From job specific skills to training in delivering presentations and Excel skills, i will be taking a lot out of the placement year to help with final year and the future
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Working within a open planned office in small networks, the atmosphere is nice. Everyone is friendly and easy to get along with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We have placement meetings once a month to catch up, in these meetings we try to arrange a placement socail for every month and there are plenty of birthdays to be celebrated within the year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
A few placement students got together and we got a 5 bedroom house, so the rent and bills are really reasonable. As its a student town the cost of socialising is also ok.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?