Press Office Assistant at Kia Motors

Walton-on-Thames South East
Arts/Entertainment/Media Automotive English Journalism Media Public Relations

8.3/10

I have loved my time at Kia Motors, I've learnt so much and had an incredible time. I've had a lot of responsibility, but have been helped all the way through. I love my department and team!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Kia Motors

The press office team is so friendly, no question is stupid and they want to hear your opinion! If you're struggling they're more than happy to help and I've had to do work for directors and even the CEO! I feel very valued. The team here is second to none, I'm going to miss them a lot!!

I was given a lot of support by manager and she was lovely. There were times when I was confused and she would say that it was fine and only because she wasn't explaining herself well enough. She appreciated that I was new and made sure to have weekly meetings with me to catch-up on work and just discuss how I was getting on.

Some days you're really busy (a good thing as the day goes really quick) and some days it's more admin based. However, this role is great as we're often at award shows, fancy dinners and travelling abroad (so much fun!).

I was given a LOT of responsibility, which was a good thing. It made me feel valued and like they trusted me, I was even given the opportunity to run my own projects.

I think this placement year was the most valuable year I have ever done! I've learnt so much about myself and this industry that will stick with me for life. I've been given a weeks work experience at a PR agency, multiple courses from HR and even was taken to Slovakia for a 4 day training event!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Kia Motors

The office is quite quiet, but there are always things to do! The press team is great, always up for a chat and can usually be heard always laughing. The office is lovely and has so many fabulous perks! Everyone is lovely and stops to talk to you no matter how high up they are.

Kia has been running a placement scheme for years so are very well versed in how to run the scheme. I was treated like a permanent member of staff and not as a student which was refreshing!

I really think Kia do invest in you, they want you to have as much fun and get a lot out of the placement. Taking us on trips abroad, having a summer event before we started and HR constantly running great courses to take part in made the job even better.

Kia doesn't have a graduate scheme, but does seem to hire a lot of graduates if the jobs are avaliable. They've invested in you so they're aware of your name for after university too if the job pops up!

The placement students were always around although we didn't work together as we were in different teams we always ate lunch together, did a lot of activities together and went out to bars etc. together.

It's a nice, expensive area! It is London prices so things can get a bit pricey but if you find nice places to go sometimes it can actually be quite decent and the fact the office is so close to London is great.

Slacking! But, what can you expect from this area really - Kingston and Guildford are closeby and have great nightlife!

They offer yoga, football and various other activities to take part in after work for free!