Summer Analyst in Wealth Management at J.P. Morgan

Geneva, Switzerland Europe
Banking/Finance

9.5/10

I enjoyed it very much. It was a very good insight into the private banking industry. The program was very well structured and it was amazing to get to know this great bank and its people. The culture is very collaborative and team work is key.

One thing I was impressed was to see that people always wanted you to succeed. Asking for feedback was always welcomed and therefore I felt I always had the tools to improve myself which was very motivating.

All interns received a training in the European headquarter in London which gave you a lot of informations about the programm and the bank. On the day to day basis, you will be given a lot of freedom. You are not going to be micro managed and be told exactly what to do but I think that's a big plus. My manager and all the people were always very supportive and provided me with good advice and were always open to my questions.

I always could ask for work to do so I was never bored. People always explain you the purpose of what you are doing which is really something that helped me learn a lot. Though, i would say it is your responsibility to adjust the amount of work so you can always do a good job.

You receive a project at the beginning of the internship which you are going to be presenting at the end to the entire office. I think it a great opportunity to demonstrate your skills but at the same time if needed you could always ask questions to people. On the day to day, i always felt I was given enough responsibility.

Every morning, an hour was dedicated to learning. This session was made interactive with the other interns and juniors so that was a great opportunity to learn more about markets. I am studying finance so it really helps me now to think in a different perspective by having this practical experience in a financial institution

Very collaborative culture. People were always willing to help and show you what they were doing on their jobs.

Amazing organization. I was impressed by the variety of things offered in addition to the daily job: sports event and clubs, networking events, and many more

We had a lot of training on the systems and softwares widely used in the financial industry.

This organization is trully global which make the opportunities very large.

I got a full time offer

Geneva offers plenty of things to do: going from sports to cultural events. For example, this summer there were public viewing all around the city for the WC18.

Expensive but I would say it is in line with what you can expect in a city like London.

Many bars and clubs with all kinds of music where you can go and hang out with your friends.

There were sports events and clubs supporting causes such as more diversity at work. I felt there was plenty of opportunities to get involved.