HR Coordinator at Tech Data

Tech Data is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.4

5.5

The HR Coordinator will be involved with the attraction and development of our people and will have the opportunity of working on HR projects. You will contribute to the implementation of our Human Resources strategy and objectives, providing an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasises empowerment, quality and productivity.

Accountabilities:

Learning and Development:  Take responsibility for regular tasks including room bookings, resource coordination, attendee management, course review feedback and analysis.  Support our internal communication strategies  Manage the HR Meeting room calendar  Maintain and updating aspects of the intranet pages as directed by L&D Partner  Assist with new starter induction, Sales Academy process and other adhoc training courses

Recruitment:  Responsible for the on boarding of all new employees from the point of acceptance of an employment offer; to include arranging the new starter induction, requesting references and coordinating ‘Day 1’ activities, i.e. passport checks, issuing bus passes etc.  Work closely with the HR Advisors to ensure seamless transition of paperwork and processes and offer some administrative cover in their absence  Support HR with administration with regards to reference requests, eyecare vouchers and xFlow.  Supporting the application of HR policy and procedure  Day to day interaction with the wider HR community, employees and managers  Assist with all recruitment administration to include; sourcing Candidates, posting adverts, arranging interviews, pre-screening candidates and organising Assessment Centres  Attending Graduate Fairs as an integral member of the Recruitment team  Undertaking adhoc Recruitment Projects to include reviewing our Social Media presence

I enjoyed my placement at Tech Data very much. I learnt so many more practical skills during my placement than I would have done just from uni.

From the very first day, I was made to feel welcome at the company and into my department. I was able to get involved in different projects and felt like part of the HR team.

I was given lots of support and guidance from both my manager and the HR team. I would have regular one-on-one meetings with my manager which I found very helpful. I always felt comfortable to ask questions to my manager and the rest of my team.

The workload would vary from time to time. A lot of the time I would be quite busy, especially around Sales Academy, however, there were some days were it was quiet - but I'd always be able to ask around for work to do.

I was given responsibility from the very start of the placement as I was in charge of processing new employee contracts and had to assist company employees with HR queries. I was also in charge of recruiting the new interns which I enjoyed.

During placement I was able to develop my soft skills as well as practical skills such as Excel through training. I also learnt how to use the SAP HR programme which I used on a daily basis. My placement also helped me to understand what I want from my future job which I wouldn't have been able to do in a classroom.

The office had a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Everyone got along and socialised and it was easy to make friends as it was such a big office. Every Friday was casual wear and the sakes floor would often run incentive days involving prizes or food.

The start of the internship was great as I had a handover period which I found very useful but when I was leaving the intern replacing me was not brought in early enough to get a handover which may have meant they struggled a bit more at the start getting to grips with everyday tasks.

There were lots of training courses such as time management, presenting & communication that were on offer to full-time employees that interns could also sign up to.

Tech Data do hire previous interns once they have graduated university for various full-time roles in sales, marketing, & HR.

All the interns were introduced to each other during the start of placement and we would occasionally have lunch or go to the pub after work. There were around 18 interns working at the same time as me.

Nightlife in Basingstoke is very quiet - especially compared to a uni town. There are a few pubs and restaurants in town but for nights out people tend to get the train to Reading.