1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued and had a reasonable level of trust.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Had a good induction and support from my manager throughout the year. Being thrown in the deep end a few times definitely helped in hind sight also.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Good balance. Some days very busy and other days not so much.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt valued and had a reasonable level of responsibility which grew and grew throughout the year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Massively developed a wide range of personal and professional skills which directly flowed into my work ethic and attitude for my final year of Uni. Ultimately though, they benefited mostly in gaining a graduate job back in the company.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Ok, but it was improved throughout my placement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Wide range of access to courses such as Microsoft Office advanced courses.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Perfect - I have obtained a grad job back at UTC.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Football tournaments and other extra curricular activities