Global Learning Organization team, helping with internal communication, training and analytics.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had the opportunity to do my internship with a great team : the GLO team in London. There were plenty of different roles in this team which was great because I learned from every person (trainers, communication manager, project managers, analytics manager...). I also had the opportunity to participate in the training offsite in Prague which was an enriching experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like a team member which was great. I got to drive different projects and my advice in meetings and brainstormings was always taken in consideration.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was lucky to have This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions as a manager. She is a great leader, and a role model for me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had several missions helping different teams (Communication, Design, Trainers) so I always had something to do. I also did a lot of shadowing with different departments to understand the global structure and have a better idea of what I wanted to do after my internship (GMM, GSO, Health & Safety, Marketing...)
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had a lot of responsibility during my internship. I didn't feel like an intern which was great because I learned a lot that way.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I had the opportunity to recieve several trainings which was great for my studies (Sales studies) and future job (Market associate in GMM).
I also got to develop analytics skills, communication skills, sales, presenting skills...
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a great atmosphere in London. Everybody is here to help and I loved the various international cultures that I met everyday.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was good because I had a good follow up and always someone to talk to or ask questions.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I got to assist trainings and offsite.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I got a job after as Market Associate in France. It was a great experience but I was disapointed by the management and leadership that was not as good as I had in London. This is why I have now left the company.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes but too many people come from the hotel industry, it could have been nice to learn more from other sectors too.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London and Paris are very expensive. But the salary is good.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In London it was great. A lot of parties and afterworks which creates a fun athmosphere at work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?