Market Associate Intern at Expedia

Edinburgh Scotland
Travel and Tourism

Expedia is a Top Employer

8.5/10

I loved my internship with Expedia. Everyday I was excited to go and learn something new everyday, and Expedia gave me that excitement. I loved how I was able to work on a number of projects that I wanted to do and how you can see the physical impact you had.

The Expedia environment is brilliant. Everyone is like a family and are always there to support you and help you develop. Not only did they help you with the work, from day 1 you know you are going to make some great friends.

I was given a great level on guidance and support through my internship, especially when I was starting out. I never worked in a hotel so I had to start my knowledge of the industry from the beginning and the support to make sure I knew the right things was perfect.

Everyday you learn something new at Expedia, and I love that feeling. There was never a moment where I felt I did not know what to do, but I knew I was in control of my workload. I will admit that good time management skills are needed because it's easy to get sucked into something and forget about other things. But when you have the responsibility to be in control, you can find the perfect balance

My main responsibilities came through the projects I completed. This was because I was in control of projects that were looking to improve something that had huge potential business value. I felt the project work was a great time for me to step up and show my team I can make an impact

At Expedia I have helped develop and learn loads of new skills that I will use throughout my life and career. From communicating and presentation skills to using spreadsheets, these are skills i will continue to use throughout my work career

I had a great office! It was a very fun atmosphere that also socialised outside of working hours too.

I was only the second intern in my office and the setup was perfect from the day I started. The organisation is key and it really helps you enjoy your time.

The training week at the start is perfect for learning the basics of what you will be doing in the internship. The rest is down to your team and I was lucky enough to have a great team that constantly put in time and effort to make sure that I was progressing in the right direction.

I would totally recommend working for this company. They take care of their staff with amazing benefits but most importantly it's like a giant family who all support each other

I was the only intern at this point in my office.

Edinburgh is ok for living and great socialising. You can rent a room for a reasonable price and socialising is cheap!

Edinburgh caters for everyone, great bars, clubs and restaurants to suit all tastes.

There are loads of opportunities for activities outside of work. It really depends on what you like but there are loads of gyms, arts and language activities you can take part in. For me I just joined the gym and looked at taking up a new language.