1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Expedia offered me a vibrant and exciting environment which was what I was looking for to start my career.
Being such a huge company each intern has the opportunity to get in contact with many talented people and many challenging situations making this experience a great learning opportunity.
I would definitely recommend that.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Since the very first moment I felt welcome and appreciated by the team I was working it.
They were always available to help me and to answer all my questions.
There is a really familiar and friendly environment within the company which constantly motivate you.
My colleagues played a key role in the success of my internship.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was the most valuable element of my whole internship.
She put in me in the best condition to learn, she gave me all the support I needed.
She was able to perfectly balance the quantity and quality of work assigned to me.
She gave me useful feedbacks to constantly improve my job.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I worked as much as every company's employee.
There was a perfect work-life balance.
I had never felt stressed.
The quantity of job assigned to me has always been reasonable.
I've never worked more than 8 hours a day nor in the weekend.
My manager always granted me off day when needed.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After the first two weeks of training, I started working as every company's employees thus having a reasonable amount of responsibility.
This strongly motivated me since the beginning and let me feel useful and appreciated within the company.
More generally the department I was working in did not require such huge responsibilities.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My internship was key to my personal development.
In Expedia I had the opportunity to constantly challenge my self, learn new things, get in contact with numerous talented people.
The most important thing is that they offered me a fixed position before I finished the internship.
Inside the company I've also found a lot of inputs and insight that helped me with my thesis.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Familiar and friendly atmosphere.
You will feel welcome since the very first moment.
The atmosphere can vary a lot according to the office location, mostly you will be surrounded by talented, smart and friendly people.
Great workplace with a great team, and a visionary leadership.
Great culture, fun and social events!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well organized since the selection process.
Great communication both with your manager, your team and the HR department.
Their aim is to make you a perfect fit for the company.
They offer you helps and assistance in every moment.
Lots of benefits also if you are an intern.
You will never feel "underrated" than common employees.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company is strongly focused on your development and growth plan.
Of course it depends a lot on the manager you will work with.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really great opportunity to for growth and development.
Horizontal and vertical moves are strongly encouraged.
Your manager will help you to understand which is your best fit within the company.
It's just a shame they don't offer any graduate programme opportunity.
If you are available to move abroad the opportunity to grow are really huge.
Main headquarters in Geneva, London, Bellevue.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Innovative, fun, place to work- supportive management- multicultural- progression- fats paced - family focused- learning and development.
The social scene was quite heterogeneous and interesting.
The company is definitely open-minded and there is a huge focus avoiding any kind of discrimination.
Expedia has an international environment, very dynamic that is the most exciting part of the job. Working with different cultures has an additional value in every career.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Most of the Expedia offices around the world are located in the city centre.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?