Assisting Buyer and Merchandiser
Making product live on site
Organising samples to be sent from suppliers and making sure they are shot correctly for the brand.
Collating weekly figures and presenting to management in a daily/weekly basis.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I learnt more in my year at ASOS being a BA and MA than I have in my four years at university!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
It is fantastic that you are not treated as placement student and are actually treated as part of the team. You feel valued and everyone has a fantastic outgoing and friendly attitude.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
No one is every too busy to help you and listen to your worries and questions. You are never made to feel stupid.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always rushed off my feet and constantlly had work to do. However, this is the way i liked to work as i could just get on with my workload and manage my own time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given 2 of my own departments to be the BA and MA on and i relished this responsibility. I looked after mens branded sunglasses and All branded watches covering mens, womens and unisex products day to day. I was also brought along to buying appointments.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As I said i learnt more in my year at ASOS than i have so far in my degree!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Asos are always contactable before, during and after your placement for any questions you may have.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training courses are always available and you are encouraged to go for training. I did a totally of 6 course while there.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to go back however the relativly low starting salary worries me
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are regular social events. Team nights out, department nights out, team lunches, company socials.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Camden is a relatively cheap area to work and socialise in comparison to some areas in London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Always something going on
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?