1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my time working for RCI. The work during my placement was challenging and brought in tools from my degree that I thought wouldn't really be used.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued within our team. My opinions were considered as much as anyone else on the team. I felt like I was doing relevant work which actually benefitted the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support and guidance were there whenever I needed it. Everyone was willing to help and teach you the skills, even if you didn't fully understand at first
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I found that I was very busy during my placement. But I wasn't overwhelmed with the workload. I could always ask for help from my colleagues if I felt like I couldn't finish all of the work I had at one time
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility throughout my time at RCI. There were times where I was asked to prepare documents for head office or even present analysis to senior management
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have found that doing a placement with RCI has given me skills that I wouldn't have previously developed. This placement has given me a better ability to understand some of the work in my final year by allowing me to more easily apply theory to a real-world case study.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office is very positive everyone is very friendly and open, while still maintaining a very professional and efficient manner
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The department that I worked within was well organised during the work placement as I spent half my time there working in a slightly different role to gain a more rounded experience
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were training courses available to sign up for within RCI
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is a graduate scheme within RCI that interns are encouraged to apply to after their final year
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The atmosphere among the interns was very positive, meeting most weeks after work in a local pub
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The rent in Rickmansworth is expensive, it works out significantly cheaper to try and find another intern to live with. But it is just outside of London with the underground service straight into Euston.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Local pubs in Rickmansworth, Watford isn't too far away where there are some clubs on the high street, or could venture into London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are activities that happen outside of work such as running club or five a side football