Managing derogation and WLTP process
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed every second of my placement. Everyone throughout the entire company is friendly and welcoming, there is so much knowledge and expertise that you can learn from and transfer into your future career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like part of the team straight away, my director even took the time to speak to all the new starters when they joined giving them an insight into the department and his career journey. Everyone is always willing to support you on your placement year.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was unbelievably supportive she went above and beyond to help me throughout my year as did my manager for the 2 months I extended for.
My Head or business was also extremely supportive of my year and my future career aspirations.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was really lucky in my role as I was project based and had the ability to manager a number of projects within my role but also outside of my role such as driven women programme.
I also had the opportunity to network across the entire organisation including the retail network within my year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a huge amount of responsibility but this was through building up the trust with my management team. I am honoured that I got to be apart of such amazing projects and take true project lead on them without continued guidance from my manager.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Everything I learnt this year will massively support my degree and also my future career.
From managing projects to daily SLA’s I will transfer these skills into my studies and jobs moving forward.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was really lovely throughout my department and the entire business.
It would be nice to do more collaborative activities such as the life live on a more regular basis.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My journey was pretty seamless only challenge was I changed manager early on which was hard to adapt to as well as settling in but it did teach me how to manage that in my future career.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invest in training for all colleagues and a number of mandatory training for undergraduates to help them. All the training is free and to the highest standards
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This is my number one desired company to return to I was so happy on my placement year here and I truly think this is where I can excel in my career.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was 39 undergraduates so everyone was really nice but with so many of you it’s hard to do things together all the time.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
There’s lots to do and loads of activities around Milton Keynes so you won’t be bored
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are lots of bars and places to go for a drink just only 1/2 clubs which are pretty expensive in comparison to uni.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
As a team we did a lot outside of work such a dinners