1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I've really enjoyed working with Randstad for my placement year. Everybody working in my office welcomed me and I felt that I could communicate any questions I had confidently. The work that I was tasked with varied and no day was the same, which meant that I really enjoyed going work and not knowing what the day would hold.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
While working at Randstad, my colleagues would always ask for my input in team meetings and when facing difficult decisions. I was tasked with important jobs which required a great deal of concentration and I thrived off this. We would consistently have fun while maintaining pace and agility in our working manner.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everybody working in my office welcomed me and I felt that I could communicate any questions I had confidently. I would have regular meetings with my manager to see how I was progressing and if there was anything they could do to support me further. This was a big help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work that I was tasked with daily varied and no day was the same, which meant that I really enjoyed going work and not knowing what the day would hold. I would regularly meet with the client and there was never a moment where I was sat doing nothing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
While working at Randstad, my colleagues would always ask for my input in team meetings and when facing difficult decisions. I was tasked with important jobs which required a great deal of concentration and I thrived off this. An example of this is payroll, which if done wrong could cause major problems.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learned while on my placement will really help me when returning to University. I can now use real examples in my work and have a far better understanding of how a business operates in the real world, and not just how it appears to in the classroom.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very light hearted and fun but the office was also a place where we could concentrate and get our work completed when required. My colleagues were really fun to work with and didn't take themselves too seriously which I really liked as it allowed me to be myself.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement offered not only two inductions, but also many different events scheduled just for placement students. These included nights out, summer events, and team meetings where we could present on how our year was going so far. Overall, the placement was very structured and you could tell it had been planned well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested in me with both time and money. In terms of time, I had two different inductions and lots of placement events. This included regularly meeting with the Senior Management Team. They also invested a lot of money into me in terms of travelling and also in different events.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The fellow placement students were involved ina group chat so we could chat and stay up to date with how each other were getting on. The company organised meals and nights out for us so we could let our hair down which was really exciting and a good way to be more sociable.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home during my placement so I did not have to pay rent or food costs. Peterborough as a whole does not cost too much to live in and is affordable, however options in Northern England would be far cheaper if I wasn't to live at home with my family.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The Nightlife in Peterborough is really good, as a lot of my friends live here so I was able to meet up with them regularly. There a range of night clubs and also cocktail bars which offer a great opportunity to meet up with friends and socialise with them. Overall it was very enjoyable.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?