1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my work experience amongst other interns/graduates/engineers and seniors because the team was welcoming and i felt comfortable working in the team. I learnt a lot of new skills and techniques as well as having the opportunity to talk to people in industry which was a good way to increase my connections in the engineering sector
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued because i was given tasks straightaway and was given the opportunity to work in live projects and that was something unexpected, it gave me responsibility to take complete tasks and when i asked the team for help they were willing to respond quickly and were very supportive and non-judgemental of how complex or simple the question was.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very very supportive, i would say one of the supporting companies out there. They took time to explain anything unclear or i was unsure about. Were not judgemental, made sure i was clear on the tasks given and were ready to help out at anytime of the day. They always came to my desk to ask if i was doing OK.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Sometimes busy but sometimes not, depending on the projects available and time to complete these. The team were very easy going, at some points i didn't have anything to do but most of the time there was little tasks to do and the team always ensured i had something even if it was less busy in the team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
It varied from less to more responsible depending on the project i was working on. I had the opportunity to work from the very bottom and at some points i had the opportunity to assist works that were ongoing. Either way i was learning from every project.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Of course! i learnt so much from this experience, from working in industry and putting theory into practise. it was mostly what i learnt in school but it was working in real projects which gave me confidence.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was easygoing and comfortable - i was able to come in between whichever time and leave accordingly. they were not too fixated on the times. It was a happy atmosphere always greeted buy the reception staff and team members. Sometimes which is very usual, the office is busy and focused.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
When i arrived i didn't have a desk that was in the team and i didn't like hot desking which made it uncomfortable but eventually i got used to it. I was not given any stationary in the start and i had to ask to get these for the project.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, because i got the chance to apply in the future and they have given me chance to extend my placement which was a blessing and in the future they have got my details to give me opportunity
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were socials but i am not interested in most of them so i didn't go to some but i did go to different talks which increased my knowledge in the Built environment.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very expensive living in Bath and i am not interested in some socialising events, I loves shopping and site seeing.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
N/A I am not a night socialising person therefor i didnt seek out to these
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I had opportunities to attend the CPD sessions which increased my knowledge in the the built enviornment