Sustainability & Physics at BuroHappold Engineering

5.5/10

7.3
4.6

4.0

I enjoyed my work experience amongst other interns/graduates/engineers and seniors because the team was welcoming and i felt comfortable working in the team. I learnt a lot of new skills and techniques as well as having the opportunity to talk to people in industry which was a good way to increase my connections in the engineering sector

I felt very valued because i was given tasks straightaway and was given the opportunity to work in live projects and that was something unexpected, it gave me responsibility to take complete tasks and when i asked the team for help they were willing to respond quickly and were very supportive and non-judgemental of how complex or simple the question was.

Very very supportive, i would say one of the supporting companies out there. They took time to explain anything unclear or i was unsure about. Were not judgemental, made sure i was clear on the tasks given and were ready to help out at anytime of the day. They always came to my desk to ask if i was doing OK.

Sometimes busy but sometimes not, depending on the projects available and time to complete these. The team were very easy going, at some points i didn't have anything to do but most of the time there was little tasks to do and the team always ensured i had something even if it was less busy in the team.

It varied from less to more responsible depending on the project i was working on. I had the opportunity to work from the very bottom and at some points i had the opportunity to assist works that were ongoing. Either way i was learning from every project.

Of course! i learnt so much from this experience, from working in industry and putting theory into practise. it was mostly what i learnt in school but it was working in real projects which gave me confidence.

It was easygoing and comfortable - i was able to come in between whichever time and leave accordingly. they were not too fixated on the times. It was a happy atmosphere always greeted buy the reception staff and team members. Sometimes which is very usual, the office is busy and focused.

When i arrived i didn't have a desk that was in the team and i didn't like hot desking which made it uncomfortable but eventually i got used to it. I was not given any stationary in the start and i had to ask to get these for the project.

N/A

Very appealing, because i got the chance to apply in the future and they have given me chance to extend my placement which was a blessing and in the future they have got my details to give me opportunity

There were socials but i am not interested in most of them so i didn't go to some but i did go to different talks which increased my knowledge in the Built environment.

Very expensive living in Bath and i am not interested in some socialising events, I loves shopping and site seeing.

N/A I am not a night socialising person therefor i didnt seek out to these

I had opportunities to attend the CPD sessions which increased my knowledge in the the built enviornment