1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Is fun meeting new people work around in an office environment. Learning new things and gaining new skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel quite valued by my colleagues. Everyone appreciate what I do.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Every time I need help or some guidance everyone in the office are friendly and easy to approach to help me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the job I am often quite busy on peak months and when it gets to quieter months I become less busy. So it all balances.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I do have a quite high responsibility for my role. The things I do has a huge impact for people who are in the field team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained some many news skills in excel which would help me in future career. Same with people skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It is a fun place everyone is very nice. Easy to have a chat with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It wasn't the most organised thing I found, as most of the IT things such as certain software was not set up until few weeks later when in fact I needed it straight away. There wasn't much help also from HR of finding a place to live, other than put all interns in one Faceboook page. Also that they have given me the wrong job title as they got me mixed up with someone else in my team.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It wasn't much as is just the legal requirement such as laws, data protection etc. Most of the training I gained was from the intern before me and just work out what needs to be done as I go on.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
this Placement Year
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not too sure as I still don't know what I want to do, would be nice to have a grad job here. But I would do what I did for placement look for any where that would take me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are very good social scene as the placement students regularly meet up after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is very expensive as is quite close to London and is a posh area. The company didn't give much support of any agency to find a house.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I am not sure on that as I don't really do anything at night. As I don't really like to go out and stuff.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There isn't much activities going on other than meeting friends and placement student. However I am quite tried after work so I don't really want to stay out late.