1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year at Renault UK. Brilliant team, not one day is boring as everyone is really fun and sociable. You get a lot of important responsibilities that make you feel that you are actually valuable for the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt extremely valued by my colleagues as we would joke and have proper conversations everyday. Everyone cares about the people around them and makes sure there is not one person feeling left out. I absolutely loved my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was like my best friend, extremely helpful and nice. She would always thank me and congratulate me for any task I would do and perform correctly. She always made sure I understood what I had to do and that I had a good time in the office.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were days when I was quite busy as I was given tasks from other departments too sometimes. But most days I was just reasonably busy with tasks given by my manager.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given plenty of responsibilities that were of a paramount importance to the company. Some of the tasks I had to do, not even my manager could do them, so the pressure was on me to od them right.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained a lot of valuable skills in my placement. From communication skills to negotiation skills and excel skills, my personal development skyrocketed this year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very fun and sociable! Every day we'd have a joke of the day (just one example of how fun it was everyday)
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organized. I received a 3 week induction from the previous intern where I received a proper in-depth presentation about the company and all the tasks I was going to be given.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My manager constantly made sure I'm working towards my personal goals whilst I'm working for Renault. She also gave me plenty of tasks that were aligned with my objectives.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My fellow placement colleagues are the best group of people I've ever met. Extremely nice and smart, all of them really unique in their own ways but we all got along very well. We were a very united group, constantly going out and hanging out all together. They made this placement perfect for me.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My accommodation was £400 all bills included in a shared house. so reasonable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London...therefore A M A Z I N G
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Quite a few... some people starting going to cricket classes, some starting playing golf and some football or dancing classes.