- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I had a fantastic experience at Moore Stephens. The amount of amazing people I met and how welcoming and socail they all were really made the transition to working life easier. Throughout the year I worked on a wide range of different tasks and was given the chance to adapt my work as I went through the year due to what I was intrested in. You are very well looked after at Moore Stephens and as part of the Marketing team I felt I had a good support network and good people to learn from and develop.
I felt valued by my colleagues as It was well explained when I peformed each task who the work was for and why they required it. Also as you move through the year I started to feel more valued as the business goes through peaks and troughs of busyness you understand you play a good role in supporting others and peforming tasks taht contribute to the wider team. I felt there could have been more opportunity to develop leadership throughout the year and potentially could have liked more chances to lead on projects but on the whole I felt valued.
I was given really good support by my manager, we had weekly meetings to talk about my work load ensuring I had enough work but was not struggling to meet deadlines or stay late. I also found my manager very supportive in busy times where they would really try to understand and help and reallocate and minimize stress. My manager also helped me do a months placement in the Corporate finance team after being interested in this area; to be that accomadating and supporting that I feel very grateful. I also felt my manager was very approachable and I could talk to them formally and informally about any issues or help that needed attention.
I was very busy day to day and I really liked this. I never suffered from clock watching. The marketing team during my placement were very busy and there was always work to take on and projects to help out with. I would say at times the team was probaly slightly under sized for the amount of work that was due but there was a good team spirit and everyone came together to get the job done.
I was given a fair amount of responsibility during my placement. I had my own work, my own tasks and own roles within the team and I could see how my work and my peformance affected others. I think there could have been more options to lead certain tasks and try our hand at things that would be really pushing us but on the whole we had good responsiblity.
The training at Moore Stephens was fantastic and this was given not just at the start but continually througout and there were so many options to engage with learning and development to increase Microsoft office skills or presentation skills. the learning and development team at moore stephens are great and can really see their impact as a placement student but also across the business.
The atmosphere in the office was very good. I can only speak from the Marketing team perspective but the team was very very welcoming and approachable. We had regular in and out of office socails and opportunities to meet and create bonds within the team. I would say the atmosphere was hard working but very friendly and light hearted which created a good envrioment to work within.
I think the work placement was very well set up and I paticulary liked that I was on placement with other 4 students. This helped bonding and creating a shared experience that we all really enjoyed. The welcome process and training was seamless but I do think slightly more could have been done throughout the year to ensure that month to month we were progressing and taking on more and more stimulating work.
The firm was fantastic for learning and development with lots of opportunities to learn new skills meet new people and engage in work across the wider business.
The socail scene was fantastic at Moore Stephens with a real mix of events in and out of work. People got on across all roles and departments and especially within the fellow interns. I had a fantastic time socailly.
I worked in the London office so very good.
There was, there were lots of fundraiser activities that you could be involved in. The city run and also various football and cricket matches. I believe there could have been slightly more of this but was still a good lebel.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City